September 27, 2021

2014 – 5:20 pm By Posted in

Open Knowledge and Literature.
Category Archives: weeknotes.

Studying at the Sussex Humanities Lab

It is with an absolute joy that I’m going to the Sussex Humanities Laboratory at Sussex University to do a PhD in the autumn.

I recently gained an MSc in Software Engineering at Oxford

I have been trying to do more in Digital Humanities and this was an opportunity that I could not miss really, […] June 11, 2017 – 4:34 pm By Posted in Comments (0) Week Notes 13th March.
After taking a few days off post dissertation submission, I have ended up using formal definitions within some Linked Data work that I am involved in.
To some degree, I have largely avoided them so that I can get on with writing the code.
This project has gone in a different manner where the definition […] March 17, 2017 – 8:29 am By Posted in Tagged Comments (0) Week Notes 6 March.
Last week, I mentioned the Museums project and writing a phone app to test touch through the Android APIs.
An annoying bug turned out to be small and easily fixed and, whilst testing, I wrote a small Python and Gnuplot script to plot the way that the fingers moved in a 2d graph.
It would […] March 11, 2017 – 7:22 pm By Posted in Tagged Comments (0) Week Notes 27th Feb.
Last week was an intriguing one and this is written later than one might like.
I’m currently working on a Museums project and am currently writing some code to track how items are touched using the internal sensors on an Android phone.

It is my first Android project so is a learning experience but an […] March 7

2017 – 2:41 pm By Posted in Tagged Comments (1) Trying to find a work/life balance.
Something that has been, quite literally, in my mind is the question of work/life balance.
I am currently working on finishing a dissertation for a Masters in Software Engineering on Behaviour Driven Development in Sonification as well as working across three different projects at work.
The dissertation is on the way to first draft completion, […] December 5, 2016 – 2:34 pm By Posted in Tagged mental_health Comments (0) Weeknotes: Still functional….
So I’ve survived the the week of Functional Programming and Haskell lectures.
The hard work starts here in terms of using and remembering enough of the above in the set assignment.

Also Erlang and concurrency is the subject of the next course

One of the things that I’ve been looking at more are Domain Specific […] September 22, 2014 – 5:20 pm By Posted in , Tagged Comments (0) Weeknotes: Becoming functional.
It has been a week of moving something onwards and making it in the way that I’ve like to see it made.  I enrolled onto the Software Engineering course at Oxford this year.
In all honesty, it has been an upward and somewhat rocky journey but I am enjoying it.
Now.
I signed up for […] September 14.

2014 – 7:56 am By Posted in

Tagged functional_programming, Comments (0) Random Links.
The Observer’s New Review section had a short piece on the British Library’s Beautiful Science exhibition, “How visualising data has changed life … and saved lives“.
That section also ran a larger article on the new wave of small press magazines and their design aesthetic.
The common theme seems to be having a focus.
Wondering […] February 16, 2014 – 2:06 pm By Posted in Comments (0) Weeknotes.
A quiet couple of weeks with a project being changed from C to C++ to allow me to use some extra libraries.
I’ve also been diving into some new texts to look at some relationships that I have been musing on for a while.
So I am in the process of exploring how to visualise […] November 3, 2013 – 3:27 pm By Posted in Comments (0) Weeknotes – catching up.
I’ve been a little lax in catching up with week notes.
Apart from running about the place, I’ve been diving into Perl and shell scripting to visualise some log files.
It looks like there are some new avenues to go with it.
The major project was getting Open Correspondence project back up with some help […] October 13.

2013 – 3:04 pm By Posted in

Tagged Comments (0) Older posts.
weeknotes.